COVID-19: Infection Control and Prevention
Should I wait to put my relative into a care home?
During these challenging times, it is only natural that you will be concerned about your vulnerable loved ones.
Let us put your mind at ease.
We take pride in the fact that we have always ensured the highest level of hygiene and care for our residents and staff alike. Since the rise of COVID-19, we have taken this level even higher.
Here are some things that we have in place for infection control and prevention in all of our homes:
- Our care homes have COVID-19 infection control policies and procedures (IFCPP), which are checked and approved by CQC (Care Quality Commission).
- Our staff are fully trained on these infection control policies and procedures and our management team help to ensure that the standards are being met, through daily competency checks. This includes checking the proper wearing and disposal of PPE equipment.
- We go above and beyond Government guidance for COVID-19 testing in all of our homes.
- According to Government guidelines, we should carry out PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) tests on every member of staff once a week, along with 2 rapid Lateral Flow tests per week. We also need to test every resident once a month. We do more than this. We also carry out a Lateral Flow test on every member of staff during every shift.
- Every day at our Head Office, we audit and check all digital records to ensure that:
- Everyone who should have been tested has been tested.
- We have had their result back.
- Their result is negative.
- We have placed strict restrictions on anyone coming into our homes. We have minimised the number of contractors on site and we allow health service professionals in only when necessary. When they come into our homes, they must show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test result within 24 hours. If they are unable to do so, they will be tested before entering the home.
- All data related to our infection control policy is collected and audited in our Digital Care Management System.
If you have a loved one who is in need of care, we hope that our infection control procedures give you peace of mind in your decision to make the move to one of our residential care homes.